February 15, 2016

Why Carbon Monoxide Detectors Are A Must During Winter

carbon-monoxide-alarm

Via:: RISMedia

(TNS)—Carbon monoxide poisoning is more of a danger in winter months than it is in summer because cold weather tends to make us stay in a very tight indoor environment.

The odorless, colorless — yet potentially deadly — gas results from the burning of wood, natural gas, oil, and kerosene.

To keep carbon monoxide from building up in your home, don’t use generators, charcoal grills, camp stoves, or other gasoline or charcoal-burning devices inside the house, the basement, garage or near windows.

Don’t run cars or trucks inside a garage attached to your house, even if you leave the door open.  Don’t burn anything in un-vented stoves or […]

+ Read More

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *